Re-blogging

Between 2016 and 2020 I wrote around 160 posts on an almost-weekly blog on my web site. That blog was a behind-the-scenes discussion of how and why I was creating the history of the Heroes Universe on the site. 

In 2020, I lost all motivation to continue writing. I recently re-started adding to the site, but for two years I didn't even look at it.

At some point during those two years, the antiquated blogging software I was using suffered some form of fatal crash and corrupted all the blog data on the site. I haven't been able to determine what happened, or to resurrect the blog.

So now, rather than run the blog software myself, I'm using a third-party site to host this blog. Rather than giving me less control over the blog than I would have on my own site, I'll actually have more control, as it's a newer and better-featured blogging platform (Blogger) than mine was.

But there were a lot of things on the old blog that I think are still interesting and relevant. And luckily, I have copies of most of the posts I originally wrote. So I'm going to repost them here, or at least the ones I think are worthwhile. Not all at once, but as I get time.

So for anyone who was reading from the start, a lot of the early posts on this new blog will be familiar. But bear with me. I'll eventually get into a routine of new, up-to-date, weekly(ish) posts.

For any new readers, I hope the blog is interesting, and I encourage you to comment and tell me your thoughts.

And for anyone who has wandered in here by accident and wonders what this is all about, first go and look at the Heroes Universe site, and then come back here to find out what it all means.


No comments:

Post a Comment